Insul Stick dry mix is a masonry repair and restoration product ideal for smooth parging over firebrick in the fireplace smoke chamber. Combining insulating value and strength, Insul Stick meets ASTM E-136 requirements for sealing wall penetrations for utility passthrough.
This versatile compound can be cast, parged, troweled or sprayed.
Insul Stick is a medium weight refractory castable product. It is an insulating product used to cast special shapes for woodstoves, fireplace hearths, walls, boilers, furnaces, and other high temperature applications.
- This castable weighs approximately 60 lbs. per cubic ft. and is shipped in 5 lb. and 20 lb. pails. For estimating purposes approximately 2.5 lbs. will cover one square ft. 1/2 inch thick.
- Add clean water (3/4 to 1 qt.) for each 5 lb. and mix thoroughly. No other additives required.
- May be cast, troweled, parged or sprayed.
- Meets ASTM E-136, ASTM C-199.
- INSUL STICK should be applied no thinner than 1/4 to 1/2 in. thick.
- INSUL STICK will stick to most any non slippery surface and will strengthen any wall.
- Good for applications well over 2000°F.
- Use for repairs to brick, block, stone, clay flues and other clay products.
- This product is non water soluble in service.